The Common Resources Service (SCD) brings together the 32 libraries located across campus. It is in charge of purchasing and managing all types of documents and making them available to the university community.
The university libraries’ printed collections cover a wide range of subjects and disciplines :
- 1,3 million books
- over 20 000 printed journals
- over 85 000 printed doctoral theses
- 115 000 various documents (sound or video recordings, maps, manuscripts).
In addition to printed documents, the libraries provide access to various online resources :
- about 30 000 electronic journals
- 25 000 ebooks
- 66 data bases
- 2 000 PhD theses and dissertations
- 2 900 digitalised ancient documents
Using the libraries
- Library registration is free and automatic for students upon enrolment.
- You can borrow documents in any SCD library using your Campus Pass.
- SCD libraries are opened to all members of the University of Strasbourg's community (students, researchers, staff) and to EUCOR students. People from outside the university can consult documents on site.
- The opening times of each library can be found on the libraries portal.
- Find out more about the libraries, their catalogues and collections on the Common Resources Service portal.